5 ways to decorate your venue ceiling
Decorating your venue can be a challenging task.
You have so much to think about; details, the tables, chairs, centrepieces, cutlery and more.
To make your venue look spectacular, decorating the ceiling can really transform a room or space. Lindsey Hunter, top Scottish Wedding Planner from Get Knotted shares her 5 favourite ways to decorate your venue ceiling.
1. To create additional subtle lighting and a sense of warmth, add fairy lights to your ceiling to create a pretty canopy. Follow the shape of the ceiling and allow the lights to swag slightly to give a softer effect to the room.
2. Adding flowers and foliage to the ceiling is a great way of including extra colour to the room. Ceiling rings are perfect for attaching your choice of flowers to. Team your table flowers with some branches to create height and a natural flow to make guests look up to the ceiling.
3. Glass baubles are a great ceiling decoration. Suspend them over your dining tables, from beams or branches at varying heights. Add small tea lights to create a mass of candlelight to make them look as though they are floating.
Photography left courtesy of www.sarawightphotography.com
4. Festoon lights are fun and look fabulous when hung to make a false ceiling. You can even use them outside to create some delicate lighting for outside areas.
5. For that extra wow factor and additional pops of colour, hanging lanterns are perfect as a ceiling decoration. Choose colours to match your wedding theme and hang them randomly from the ceiling.
These are perfect for marquees or plain rooms, as the colours will really stand out.
For more styling inspiration, visit www.get-knotted.net
Photography above courtesy of www.duncanirelandphotography.com